Hello Fellow Bookworms! Who’s ready for summer?
June is flying by and July is fast approaching, so you know what that means? That’s right! Bookending Summer 19!
Whether you are new to the book community or a veteran, I highly recommend participating! It connects you to new and exciting book blogs; not to mention, you can meet wonderful bookish people!
Today’s post is all about Reading Habits. I came across this book tag when I was book blog hopping and found Dreamlandbookblog.
Originally, this tag was created by TheBookJazz and you can find her video by clicking on this link. [Don’t forget to like and subscribe!]
- Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
Usually, It’s my bed. I love lying down to read, especially when there are many fluffy pillows surrounding me. Lately, I’ve been reading on my ottoman as I’m trying to work on my posture.
- Bookmark or a random piece of paper?
I am a random piece of paper kind of woman. I don’t have book marks and haven’t made some in a really long time. I usually just grab whatever scratch paper is near me .
- Can you stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter/certain amount of pages?
Depends on the book. If I’m really immersed in the book, I cannot just put the book down. I have to finish whatever chapter I am on to come back to reality.
- Do you eat or drink whilst reading?
Coffee is usually the drink I have in my hand if I’m reading in the morning. Water is for all other times of the day.
- Multitasking: Music or TV whilst reading?
Not a multitasker. If I’m reading a book, I like to give it my complete attention.
- One book at a time or several?
Jumping back on the previous answer, I’m not a multitasker when it comes to books. I read one at a time so that I can fully enjoy it.
- Reading at home or everywhere?
Everywhere. At the grocery store, at the park, at work, at the gym. Reading is an all place activity for me.
- Reading out loud or silently in your head?
Silently in my head. I have the worst read out loud voice.
- Do you read ahead or skip pages?
Never. I just to progress with the characters and find that plot twists are way better when you don’t skip anything. Not to mention, steamy scenes are steamier when you dont skip ahead and build the angst. 😉
- Breaking the spine or keeping it new?
I am a huge keeping it new advocate. I obsess over having new looking spines. When someone bends their books and breaks the spine, I cringe internally.
- Do you write in your books?
Nope. All books are precious and should not be tempered with.
- When do you find yourself reading?
I usually take whatever chance I get to read.
- What is your best setting to read in?
Rainy days are my absolute favorite to read during. There’s a serenity to it.
- What do you do first – read or watch?
Read. I rarely watch.
- What form do you prefer? Audiobook, E-Book or Physical Copy?
Physical copies are my preference but with my limited space, I’ve gotten used to ebooks.
- Do you have a unique habit when reading?
I have a habit of commenting at the book when I’m really into it. Kind of like how mothers are with their soap operas.
- Do book series have to match?
Preferably yes but I’m not too picky. As long as I have the books in the series, I am content.
I tag you! Let me know your answers below or drop the link to your post! I would love to read your answers!