Sunshine Blogger Award
I woke up to the amazing Isabelle @ BookwyrmBites nominating me and a few others for the Sunshine Blogger award!
Thank you Izzy <3
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions they asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display The Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post.
Would you rather experience a favorite series as if it were the first time, or receive early access to your most anticipated upcoming release with no review obligations?
I would rather receive early access. Every time I read my favorite books, I still get those first time butterflies. It’s why they are my favorites. 🙂
Do you seek out spoilers or avoid them at all costs?
I avoid them at all costs! When it’s a big book release, I go hermit. I put myself on a strict social media ban, hold off on blog hopping, and immerse myself in the book until I finish.
If you could arrange a meeting between any two characters from different books (or series), who would you pick and why?
It’d be very interesting to have these characters meet. Both characters are mischievous and self-sacrificing. It would be fun to see them interact.
Name a book that exceeded your initial expectations.
Oh wow….Most recently it was The Best Thing by Mariana Zapata.
All her books have been amazing but she really outdid herself with that one.
Take any of your favorite books and explain the plot badly.
Semi human young woman meets angry and old Hawk guy to learn how to control her powers so she can beat Ancient angry skin walker.
You get to compile a short story anthology with up to eight authors. Who do you invite, and what is the shared theme/motif?
I’m going to bring out all the Queens for this one. *cracks fingers*
Theme: Slow Burn Fantasy Romance with an Age Gap
- Holly Black
- Sarah J Maas
- Jennifer L Armentrout
- Richelle Mead
- Amanda Hocking
- Leigh Bardugo
- C.L Wilson
- Gail Carriger
What makes you feel better on a bad day?
A hot cup of black coffee and a book.
Do you have any reading quirks / interesting habits?
I wouldn’t say interesting but I have a habit of never opening a book more than 60 degrees so the spine doesn’t crease…..and I always dust and wipe my books down…at least twice a week.
If you could be pen pals with any fictional character, who would you pick and why?
This question is not fair in the slightest. *grumps*
There are so many characters I want to be penpals with! UGH!
But If I’d have to choose, I guess I would pick Alexa from the Parasol Protectorate Series.
What’s the hardest thing about blogging?
For me, I think the hardest thing about blogging is keeping my audience engaged. I don’t feel like I’m any good at what content I have in my blog and showing what makes me different from other bloggers…. It’s something I’m working on but sometimes I think about it too much.
Pick one of your favorite books (or series) and create a fitting ice cream flavor. What is it called, what does it look like, and how does it taste?
Bully by Penelope Douglas.
The ice cream flavor is called Push my buttons. It’s dark red with little black dots, and it tastes like Black Cherry, Vanilla, and a hint of mint.
Devour Books with Dana – (Kitty) Cat Strawberry – Meow! – Jenniely – Umairah @ Sereadipity – lindseyreadsandreviews – Kaylee – BookaholicBrittany– kierasbookishthoughts – thebloggerandthegeek – Bookishly Brittknee – Gabby
- If you could invite one character from the books you’ve read to write on your blog, who would it be? What do you think they would write?
- If you were to write a novel, what would the genre be? What theme would you write? What would you call it?
- What do you do when you buy a book and discover that you don’t enjoy it as much?
- If you could meet one author, who would you like to meet?
- What character have you related to the most?
- Movie or TV Series? Which would you prefer to see your favorite book adapted to?
- Who was your favorite book villain? Why?
- What is one book you highly recommend?
- What releases are you most excited for?
- If you didn’t run a book blog, what kind of blog would you be running?
- Out of all the books you’ve read, which one character is your favorite above all the rest?
If you weren’t tagged, don’t fret! I would love to know your answers to any or all of the questions above! Let me know in the comments! <3